Saturday, May 21, 2005

Trivia : Are pork available in Kelantan?

For the past 8 years that I've spent in Kuala Lumpur, I've
encountered about 9,745 time where my KL friends or stranger
asked me :
" Eh down there in Kelantan got pork for eat or not?"

" Eh I heard Kelantan no pork to eat one is it?"

My reply ?

I pointed myself and my nose, and shouted loudly:
" If without pork, you think why I look so STRONG today?"

Actually, in Kelantan there are plenty of people selling
pork. For example in Kota Bharu there is a dedicated corner
shop selling only PORK !!

We call it the Pork Shop ( Brilliant Idea eh mate? )

Whenever we want to buy pork we just go there and buy it
from there. It has becoming a convergence point for most
of the housewives/ houseman purchaser.

The Pork Shop ( Zhu Rou Dang ) is one big happening place
like Petaling Street in Kuala Lumpur, only PS is smaller
only.

Before Chinese New Year each year, 89% of the Kota Bharu
Chinese will appear at the PS and you could meet the person
that you want to find there, if you lost your contact :)

And, just meters away from the PS, there are a lot of
Malay women selling fish, vegetable, fruits, chicken and
stuff like that. Any problem? Nope !!

So next time if you want to accuse Kelantan's society's
for being not open minded, think twice or think 5 times.

Or you could come to Kota Bharu and have a look at it.

Kelantan's society are well blended and I don't see no
risk or tension, compared to KL and Selangor. Only that
the state government is a little bit retarded, actually
very retarded that's all.

Other then that, Kelantan is almost a perfect place to
stay.

Please see : ( added on 10th Feb 2007 )



The retarded above means slow / not fast enough in thinking
and does not carry the meaning of idiot or any negative.

The retarded above simply means, no class !!

Or in my friends language = Lousy !!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calling the state govt as retarded ( very retarded ? ) is like saying against your own belief ( that Kelantan's society are well blended etc ).

Remember, the state govt is there bcoz the ppl voted it to be there, to stay there. If the state govt is very retarded, than the ppl must be very retarded too.

Would you agree ?

Philips at work. said...

Dear anonymous, I felt they are retarded when announcing some funny ( in my eyes) rules.

Example? The famous Supermarket payment counter Male and Female queue.

Example 2, hmm, RM500 fine for not comply with dress code?

In fact, perhaps you may want to pay a visit there to have a look for yourself and I am sure you would be as awed as I did :)

I feel that it would be better if they could concentrate on more major issue such as job creation, development, economy, business friendly environment, even forest control.

Once they start doing that ( right thing to do as state government ) we wouldn't call them retard anymore :) Right?

By the way I didn't vote them to become state government. I was still underage in 1990 and 1995 lolrtof !

Anonymous said...

You are only giving one or two place selling pork, why do you say plenty places? You are misleading people, don't agree with me?
Bear

Philips at work. said...

Yeah, this blog a lot of time very misleading people one. Cause the writer is not very clever type of person. heheheh... cheers !!