Thursday, May 05, 2005

Petrol and Diesel Price Hike, again !

Yesterday I saw from www.jeffooi.com that the price of the Diesel and Petrol
would be raised RM 0.20 and RM 0.10 per litre respectively.

All I did was just shaking my head slowly and wonder what is wrong with
this country that I stay in.

My sister called up and a received a few SMS after that regarding the fuel
price hike. And whoopss .. my fuel tank is still full I remembered. Just
put a full tank of Caltex Ron97 a day ago.

Called my sister , BB and my fat lady later, all of them with the same answer.

Long Q at the petrol station all over the Klang Valley to purchase petrol and
diesel like there is no tomorrow, and causing massive traffic jam around
all the petrol stations.

For me, even my tank is empty I wouldn't go and do the last minute purchase
of diesel and petrol, why?

1. Why go and waste your precious time waiting like mad cow at petrol station?
2. When all you could save is RM5 to RM 15.00 maximum.
3. How much of time wasted for this RM 5 or RM15 ?

4. How much of fuel wasted for this RM 5 or RM15 ?
5. How much of exhaust gas you inhale, with your gf and family also inhaled?
6. How inconvinience that you've caused the people who stays around the
petrol station? like the neighbours of petrol station and road users?

I think most of the people have forgotten to look at the big picture everytime
whenever there is a petrol and diesel price hike. They would only think
1. Oh quick ! Inform everyone I know, save RM 5 per person.
2. Oh quick ! Take out my Bonus Link card !
3. Oh quick ! Pump in as much as possible before mid night.

The real issue that really bother me are :

1. Why is there a price hike? Is is absolutely necessary?
2. Did you all know how much Malaysia gained from local petroleum industry
per year? Ask Petronas !!
3. Who was to be blamed when the Diesel smuggling couldn't be solved?
4. Any plan of our government for secondary fuel? Especially environmental
friendly and re-newable like Hydrogen Fuel Cell? Or Palm Oil Diesel?
5. Any plan for better public transport system?
6. Any plan for environmental friendly such as bicyle day?

Appearently, none of the people that I know even think about point 1 to 6.
Hence, it's a sad day for me to learn all these after coming into careful
consideration.

RM 0.10 or RM 0.20 for me is not much, but the up set and disappointment
that I've got from this inccident = Priceless !! Is this a really good country?

No comments: