Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Observation made on Mother's Day

流金歲月的點滴

Last weekend was mother's day. 8th May 2005 Sunday if
I am not mistaken. How did I find out ?

1. Radio which was full of mothers day advertisement.
2. News paper which was full of mothers day stuff.
3. Traffic at LDP and Bandar Utama extra jammed up.
4. All the restaurant around PJ and Kepong = fully booked.
5. Most of the cars are full of "one house big big small small".

It was suppose to be a nice Saturday, picked up fat lady
after work and let her use my computer at home. And er..
Addy Ho called up and asked me to go for dinner.

We had late heavy Ban Min lunch at TTDI a few hours ago
and fat lady didn't feel ok, so she stayed home and work
with the office work.

I went out and joined Addy's family + my grandmother.

I tried to call Tuck Kee Restaurant but the blardy Ah Tuck
punya business was so good that they didn't have time to
pick up the calls. Well never mind.

Addy suggested us to go to near Dataran Prima for dinner
cause there was a roll of new shops there ( 1 or 2 years old)
and we tried out there. We went, we ordered, we ate and
we went home :)

I think KL's mother day is very much diffrent compared to
my Kelantan's M.Day. Back then during mothers day we tend
to be good kids, help to wash the dish after dinner or at
least pretend to be hard working that particular day.

My mom is a teacher till today for your information.

But KL and PJ -_-" people is a little bit diffrent. I think the
people here has made the mother's day a little bit too
commercialized like Fathers Days, Hari Raya, New Years
and Mooncake festivals.

There are just too much of commercial sense.

Everyone go out and stuck in the jam in cars, enjoy dinner
and that's it.

No more essay writting like " My lovely mom" and no more
" good boy / good girl on mothers day?" and certainly no one
cook for the mothers during mothers day.

I think, it's really too commercialized and there is nothing I
could do about it.

Happy Mothers day, and happy Fathers Day.
I love you mama and papa.

No comments: