Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Puffff !!! -_-"

Last night I was working with my PC ( New Mainboard ) and was
trying to hook up the USB to IDE cable ( Made In China ) product
with my 2 old hard disk.

The USB to IDE Cable package consists:
  • USB 2.0 to IDE Cable ( for standard and notebook IDE ).
  • 1 power supply ( 240v to 12v ).
  • CD driver ( for Windows 98 etc ).
  • Manual ( 12cm x 6cm ) single page.

    I think that's all with the package and it cost RM55.00 at
    Low yatt Plaza, and the worst thing is that they didn't
    allow us customer to open the box and to have a look at the
    item before we buy, but I bought it anyway.

    Tried many-many times with both PC and the power supply's
    power, hooked and unhooked the USB, but in the end the
    thing just couldn't be detected by my Windows XP at home.

    -_-"

    So I just put the thing aside and used my internal IDE
    cable to hook back the 2 unit of Hard Disk.

    LOL ! Now my PC has 3 physical hard disk and 8 partition !!

    -_-" Like very canggih server like that !!!


    A few minutes later while I was still working I heard a
    loud " Pufffffff !!! "

    And my room was filled with Roasted Pork 烧 肉 smell immediately
    and I was panic for a while.

    Why ? Cause that time these thing were also operating.

  • RM2,699 Dell D520 Lap Top ( 2 days old )
  • My Celeron 2.4 PC System with New Mainboard
  • My LCD monitor.

    I told me," Don't tell me anyone of them has exploded!!!!"

    Me -_-" and check check check !!!

    Finally, I found out that the power supply for the USB to IDE
    has fried itself, don't know why but it just fried itself !!

    It freaking fried itself !!

    Stupid USB to IDE converter !!

    I am going to bring this back to the shop and demand for a
    refund or change to another product.

    Else I am going to complain this to the highest level of law!

    Luckily my friend's mia Dell D520 and my system were unharmed.

    Else I am going to something really nasty then !!!
  • No comments: