Wednesday, April 13, 2005

remco


Back to year 1994/95, one of the top movie then was Speed, starring
Keanu Reeves, Dennis Hopper, Sandra Bullock and Jeff Daniels.
We have watched it over and over again until the Video Tape has
become a little bit worn out.

Mr. Reeves at a scene in the movie, showed his wrist watch a Casio
G-Shock 6800 old model if I was not mistaken. 200M water resist
and both of them looked really good. A nice handsome guy, SWAT
bomb squad member + short hair + a reliable watch !!!

In year 1996 I was in TAR college and worked my arse out ( part time) as lab assistant and at the end of the day I've finally able to
save RM200. And got myself this nice Casio G-Shock 6800 model.
Oh that was my first G-Shock then, with Electro-Illuminator.

Since then, wherever I go, I wear this watch. I was so proud of it
and when I was in the bus ( Intrakota, Park May, Mini Bus (no.49)
and yes, LRT was still not available that time, remember??

That time = Intrakota Cost = Flat Rate = RM 0.90 wherever u go.
That time = Mini Bus (Pink) = Flat Rate = RM 0.60 wherever u go.
That time = I can't remember taking park may bus.
That time = Len Seng Bus = TAR college to KL = RM 0.70.

Most of the time when we were traveling from Setapak (TBR ) Taman
Bunga Raya to KL, people has not much of thing to do. Why? Cause
there was no mobile phone, and if no mobile phone, then damn
quiet kekekekeke....

When sitting in the bus with this G-Shock, I was expecting Dennis
will call me ( but in 1996 there was hardly any mobile phone ) and inform me that :

1. There is a bomb in the bus.
2. The bomb will be activated once the bus reaches 55 mph.
3. Once the bomb is activated, if the speed of the bus drop below
55 mph, the bomb goes off.
4. If any passenger tries to get out of the bus the bomb goes off.
5. And "Pop quiz, hot shot, what you're goin to do?"

I was always wearing a white T-Shirt, with a lot of Bomb Squad
equipment in my cargo pants. Front pockets, back pockets, side
pockets. etc. Waiting for the worst to happen. Because as a good
citizen, we must always remember "To Serve and To Protect!"

But the call never came. No terrorist has ever made any call to
me and informed me if there was a bomb on the bus, maybe it was
because :

1. I didn't carry a handphone back to 1996 ( expensive toy !)
2. I was not Keanu Reeves.
3. I was not in the SWAT , not even PDRM !!!
4. Bus number 49 from Setapak to Lot 10 could never reach the
speed of 50 mph ( 80kmph ) not then, not now and not forever.

Hence, upon arriving at Lot 10, we all went down to Lot 10 for
windows shopping, and perhaps 2 hours later, take the Mini Bus
Number 49 back to Setapak, Taman Bunga Raya again.



Cost of G-Shock = RM 136.00 ( Bought from Alpha Angle )
Cost of Mini Bus = RM 0.60 ( RM1.20 for 2 ways )
Cost of white T-shirt = RM 19.00

Satisfaction of imagination of Speed = Priceless !!!

1996, people have not even heard of Low Yatt plaza hahahaha.

Perhaps will write about 1995 vs 2005, see the diffrence. shall we?

No comments: