Friday, April 01, 2005

Philips is going to Penang... again !!!



Well it's 10:12 am right now and the date is 1st April 2005 Friday.

PC Fair organized by PIKOM will be happening in about 48 minutes
from now in Penang & Johor Bharu. Well as a supplier of CD-R and
DVD-R to a few customer of mine, I think I need to go and attend
the event again.

Going to Penang takes about 3.5 hours on normal day, which mean
no accident, no traffic jam, no heavy rain, with only 1 time Pit
Stop on the way. For petrol refuel and toilet dump....

And right now going to Penang is no more long distance drive for
me, it's like going out of town for a while & come back the next
day.

I once did told my boss that :" Yo I need no map in Penang !"
And he replied with disbeliefe :" Are you sure, Kai Hong?"

After a near 30 hours roaming there, even covered Seberang Prai
he believed me. And even my Penang customer was amazed by
my capability of roaming and moving around Penang without no
map :)

Actually, I think below are the reason :

1. The road sign/sign board in Penang is quite informative/complete.
2. Penang Island is a small place, you could make round and round
and round and round and at the end you will end up near Komtar.
3. Komtar is a good land mark ( ha ha ha... thanks! )
4. Spend a few visit to Penang and you will remember the area like
the back of your palm. Cause there are so many nice food stalls
and nice place that you have to keep reminding yourself.....

a. Lorong selamat ada Topi Merah Fried Kuey Tiao. Sedap.
b. Gurney Drive ada banyak Mar Chi & SYT. Sedap.
c. Jalan Penang ada cendol & FKT. Sedap.
d. Near Komtar ada banyak Dim Sum. Sedap.
e. Going to Balik Pulau. Durian Mountain/ Durian Farm. Sedap.
f. Tanjung Tokong. Seafood. Sedap.
g. Dan banyak lagi !!! Yo !!


So how could one forget about the location of Penang? Right?

Well apart from Penang's food and work. I liked Penang cause we
could see alot of hard working chaps there. And we could also
see alot of people with better temper compared to KL and PJ.
Same goes for Ipoh town too.

And oh another killer of Penang :

The pirated DVD industry there ( remember I suppy DVD-R/DVD+R )
they are really special and unlike some KL and PJ chaps...

In KL and PJ first the pirate DVD and VCD guys would look more like
Ah Beng with Proton Wira Modified with Neon Lights, with Golden
Hair and 20 over body piercing at nose, ears, eyes, foreskin, etc...

Penang, for what I've seen are as below ( Pirate Industry ):

1. The pirates are more polite. No "shout hit shout kill" !
2. Price of DVD movie is much more cheaper. No price control.
3. The pirates are very honost. They will inform you well this
movie is not clear, that movie is cinema version, and oh this is
clear. Or even suggest you to come back in 3.5 days later to
get a clear version or so.
4. No wonder my boss pointed at them and told me :
" 盗亦有道,取之有道,抵他成功!好!"

Yeah I mean, you could succeed in any industry, as long as you
don't 杀人放火 to achieve it. Use your inteligent & flexibility and
you may be good in your industry. Aint' that right?

Well, back to Penang visit, I really recommend this Penang Island
and Ipoh town to you all. Spend some time there if you are free
and I bet you'll get more then what you are expecting.

1. Very good deal on DVD tittles.
2. Very good food.
3. Very good hotel.
4. Very good people.
5. Very good weather ( hot like hell ).
6. Very good battery and spitir charged in 24 hours time.

So why wait? Book your hotel and head up to Penang this weekend
and see you there. If you grow up in Malaysia or even Singapore
and tell me you've never visit Penang before.

I would tell you that you've perhaps have missed some of the best
moment of your life.

I would like to put it :" Live in Penang, Love in Penang !"
or whenever I am there I would sing :" I'm loving it!"

P/s : I would like to thank my father/ my family who used to take
me there (Penang) when I was a kid. As I grow up, I even find more
ways to enjoy myself in Penang. Thanks Papa & Mama !!

And yo to my lovely customer who stays in Penang. See you tonight
and keep some nice food for me you all yeah !!

4 comments:

Jason Lioh said...

I also want go PenanG!

Philips at work. said...

Jason ! Can ! let's go !!
Got to enjoy life there eh !

Unknown said...

Woah, promoting Penang eh? I guess you would be more suitable to be a tourist guide.

Don't forget to call me up when you are in Penang.

btw, Lorong selamat Fried Kuey Tiao sux, it meant to slaughter tourist like you. So does the Air Itam market Laksa.

Bring you guys to somewhere with better laksa and char koay theow if you are here.

Philips at work. said...

KK ! I think you are right....

Got to inform you during my next planned visit to Penang ok? thanks!

Jasan, what do you think?