Monday, April 18, 2005

How long could you wait?

流金歲月的點滴

A few months ago I gave my CPU ( AMD Athlon ) to my sister and kept the hard disk because all of my important documents are in the hard disk.

The Operating System in the hard disk was Windows XP Pro version and it was really not bad. Plug and play and very adaptive. I put the hard disk into this current CPU ( Celeron 2400Mhz ) and it actually worked, wow !!

However the USB 2.0 port with the new CPU was not recognized by the old OS or the file was corrupted. Hence whenver I want to use the USB for the USB flash drive the system freeze !!! and that caused me to stop using my USB drive for a few months time from my home.

Same happens that I could'nt use my Infrared adaptor to transfer the image from my T-610 to the internet for backup and blogging purpose. I was really bodoh betui !!!

Finally, on night at 11 pm something, I pointed at my nose and say :" Enough is enough!" and started removing the old OS and install the fresh copy of Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2.

What? Of course original Software used my friend ( sales man talk)

and anyway, spent about 45 minutes and my computer came alive with the 6 USB 2.0 port working seamlessly and very fast !!
All the file system has improved because fresh format and my computer speed has increased very much. Yahoo !!!

That's why, sometimes whenever there is a work or job pending, stop giving yourself excuses for not doing it. Most of time time,
the faster the job is accomplished the better.

Like this case, if I have fixed the CPU 3 months earlier or 4 months
earlier, mean that I could enjoy the USB 2.0 function 4 months ago
and don't have to suffer.

So, for a pending job that till the end of the day, you can't say no to doing it, how long could you wait?

Don't wait nomore my friend, whatever you want to do, just do it
and do it fast, we don't know what will happen tomorrow !!
Appreciate today and finish your work fast :) have a nice day !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just like i said, when you love a girl,tell her that u love her so much (everyday) before too late...haha... i think next time i travel you can fix something else...yeah?

Philips at work. said...

Iyer !! Need to do that infront of everyone meh? -_-"