Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Driving from Penang to KL on Saturday evening.



Saturday evening after the PC Fair event at about 7 something PM,
i left Penang International Sport Arena (PISA) headed toward Tanjung Tokong.

Where is Tanjung Tokong? Hmmm... try to google the Penang Map ok?

Anyway, arrived at the place promptly and ordered the crab/shrimp
and wow !! as lovely as first love. Sat there till about 9pm and
headed for Butterworth, with tummy full of crab + shrimp ....and
some fried chili lala too. OMG this feeling was damn good !!!

I repeat what some good Doc says:" Eat first, die later!"

And 30 minutes later we ( me and fat lady as co driver ) were on
the Juru toll already. The rain has slowly stopped and not much
of car on the road. Good sign.

Car was in perfect condition, and the crab + shrimp + fried lala in
the tummy is turned into Super Nova and giving me non-stop and
smooth energy to drive.... yeah !! keep them coming !!!!!

Hit the gas after Juru toll and the speedo meter climbs to 100, 110
and 120 and maintained at +/- 130 kmph. Occasionally when I
need to overtake a bus or something like that I had to hit it to
140 or 150 kmph to overtake it.

There was an express bus with something spelled like S.E or some
thing like that. I hit the gas to 140 kmph and yet I was unable to
overtake it, and I was wondering if my speedo meter was accurate
or not. Cause if I am not mistaken the bus should cruise at 90kmph
only... heheheh... Bor Cheng Hu !!! really Bor Cheng Hu !! Even
I did 170kmph when I was tailing the C200 ler... kekekekek...

No !! This is dangerous.

Crusing at highway should be around 110 to 120 kmph max if one
is driving a Proton Wira class of car. For Merc or BMW could allow
till 150 to 180 kmph because they are equipped with better ( 4
huge disc brakes + ABS + KFC + KGB + FBI system )

My point is that, please !! drivers don't think that any Tom, Dick
and Harry could do 150 to 180 kmph on the road. Imagine a kancil
or Proton Wira was performing 150 kmph on the road, and suddenly
he/ she has to perform emergency brake. Let me tell you the car
will float, the tyre will skid and lost control is almost as certain as
123 !!!!!!

And somemore, typical Malaysian when driving on the highwas has
not enough of safety precaution taken, top 10 mistakes made :

1. Tailing to close to the vehicle infront. ( depends on speed )
2. Switching lane without insufficient space.
3. Switching lane without insufficient signal given.
4. LOVE to use emergency lane. Just plain love !!
5. Switching lane without realizing a big truck or car at behind.
6. Driving with high beam on highway. Blinding everyone.
7. Driving with Hazard Signal lights when it rains! ( Wrongo! )
8. Driving speed not according to car performance.
== Kancil loves to perform 150 kmph.
== Ah Pek's Merc loves to perfrom 80 kmph.
== Aunty Toyota Camry loves to perform 60 kmph.
== Kawasaki 850cc performed 160 kmph ( 2 wheels + high beam!!)
9. Driving when the driver is not feeling fresh & sleepy.

Those are the top 10 killer of the highway and I am really sick of
it. Yes I did cruised at 140 sometimes, did even climbed to 160
or 170 for a few second. But those are only in extreme condition
only like want to avoid fast incoming missiles car from behind. Or to record one's speed.

Drive fast only if :

1. Vision is clear. No fog, no rain, no strong lights from opposite.
2. Road is clear, meaning less car or no car.
3. You are on highway.
4. Your has 2 person in car only.
5. Driver is very much concious on what he/she is doing.
6. Car performance is good.
( Wira = medium. Merc = ok. Ferrari =good )
7. Car and car distance = more then 20 or 50 meters.
8. All common sense factor matched.

Now everyone including me could drive fast, the question of whether if one could control and stop the car on time is always
the factor of determining accident or not !!

If not sure, then don't !! Speed kills !!!

By the way, I want to apologize to my family and Royal Police
Malaysia because I've traveled from Penang to Kepong within
3 hours. My fault, next time I wouldn't do this anymore.

Somemore this includes 1 pit stop for fat lady to wee + petrol
refuel. Speed kills ah son !! Becareful. Else I would be blogging
from hospital or not blog at all already ( hehehehe... )

Philips, Charlie, Edwards, Remco, Kai Hong, Vincent, Grissom,
Mulder, Scully, Forrest, whichever it is.... 2:43 am Kayu Ara.
Cannot sleep !!!! Help !!!

No comments: