Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Dickson : Did you "Lap" your car?

It was a wonderful Sunday,
I washed and polished my car, everything became perfect.
Spent some time checking my engine status cause I am going to perform a long
distance drive to Kuantan, Cherating and Kelantan in a few days time.

Dianogstic Status =
===============
1. Battery water lvl low.
2. Engine lubricant oil lvl low.
3. Power steering fluid ok.
4. Transmission fluid ok.
5. Brake fuild seems ok too.
6. Engine outlook was ok too.

Hell, how come the engine lubricant oil lvl could be so low one?
Better find someone to check it out,
if there is any leakage or engine internal problem.

After a heavy lunch with Fat Lady I was sending her back to Ampany,
on the way back we stopped at Lembah Maju ( Next to Taman Putra Ampang )
where there are a lot of mechanic and car service center.

Those hardworking chaps even opens on Sunday,
that's why I said PJ people vs KL people vs Ampang / Cheras people,
you will always get better luck with Ampang/ Cheras people.

I made a few rounds of circling that area to scout for a decent looking shop ,
decent and not too occupied.
Then I came to a shop where there was no car inside. So I drove in
and a young nice man approached me.

He asked:" Yes may I help you?"
I replied:" Yes, could you please service my car, oil+ oil filter change "
I added :" And I suspect that my engine leaks lubricant oil.
So please check for me?"

The person name is Dickson, I found out later on his name card that he gave me.

Dickson :" ok no problem !"

So he check check checked, jack up car crowl under it and inspect.

Dickson :" Sir no leakage or any visible damage at the oil tank."
Gil Grissom :" Please see if there is any oil resedue, use some
luminol and the Spectragraph to trace them.
Dickson :" ???? What????" -_-"

Me :" Nothing lah kekekekek "

5 minutes later I asked Dickson the following question,
Me :" How come the lubricant oil just disappeared in the engine?"
Dickson:" Hmm. not very sure, but there is no leakage at all from what I see."
Me :" hmmmm.... how ah?"

Dickson :" Ah ! Did you Lap your engine lately?"
Me : " Not really. Wait a minute !!!"

Me : " That day I drove from Penang to Kepong cruised at 130 / 140 kira ah?"

Dickson:" Wah !!" -_-"

Me :" he he he he e !! malu !"

Dickson :" yeah possible during engine high rpm 4,000 or
5,000 above will consume some of your engine lubricant oil. "

Me :" Oh I see I see. "

Later here is the bill Dickson gave me :

1. Esso Lubricant Oil = RM 30.00
2. Oil Filter xxx brand= RM 11.00
3. Proton Spark Plug = RM 26.00
4. Battery fuild = RM 2.00
Total about RM 65.00 plus plus.

That's good and careful job from Dickson,
at least I've got a peace of mind to drive back to East Cost now.
Thanks Dickson who always -_-" cause his work shop is quite hot .
kekekeke.

So , now , did you Lap you car lately?

No comments: