Thursday, January 13, 2005

Philips Gets Very Annoyed !!



Today we will learn a few words :

1. Age
2. Older
3. Uncle
4. Uncle
5. And Uncle again

Not very long time ago, at a town called Kota Bharu ( 475km )
away from Kuala Lumpur. I went out for breakfast with my family
at Jalan Kebun Sultan. I was standing with my mother at her
favourites food stall. Then the sales person there suddenly asked
my mother while looking at me.

"Li Eh Ko Ah?" ( Your older brother ah?)
Year = 1992
Venue = Jalan Kebun Sultan

I was amazed, do I really looked that old?

Later of the year, also in 1992. My favourite teacher Mdm Quek
looked at me at Bilik Guru and say :" Hmm this boy looked matured!"
I didn't mind about it , in fact I feel happy cause you know? I am
the man !!

Never realized that a person would used the word "matured" to
hint the word " old ".... Jesus Christ I was only 15 years old that
time....... OMG ! OMG !!

Fine, then during the 92s and 93s I always take my cousins out
( they were about 2 or 3 years old that time ) to shopping mall
and places like that. And they do stick to me very much....
Me <=== One hand carry 1 cosin.

Suddenly this Malay promoter or customer I can't remember asked
" Anak kedua ke? " while looking at my cousin...

I jumped back 2 steps and pointed at my nose and shouted
" Wei ! Saya belum kahwin lah !"

The the Malay person said : "whooopss ! dua anak mar !!"

That's why, during that period my look did really charm a lot of
little little girs. Kononnya matured & steady !! Wah Piang !!

13 years gone ......

Back last 2 months ago when I gone back to Kelantan with my father
we went to my mother school. We sent her to the school and when
we were about to leave, suddenly my mother's assistant head master
walked out. He saw my father at the front passenger seat and said
hello to him. And he saw me and waived at me and said
: "Hello Uncle " and he left...

Ok I thought I'd heard wrongly and left.

Suddenly my father smiled and asked me " Did he just called you uncle?"

OMG !! An assistant head master aged about 48 or 50 years old just
called me uncle that day. Well, I am sort of getting used to it you know?

Well until yesterday, I went out for lunch with my customer Mr Tan
near Steven Corner in Cheras. Of course we sat down and get our
mixed rice first. Suddenly this lady ( aged = around 35 to 40 ) proceed
and asked me :" Uncle what you want to drink ?"

I said :" Errr.. Teh O Ice please !"

And why the hell she called me uncle for? Can't he call me Mr. or Sir or
anything ? Damn I think she must be new in service line !! Normally
newbies would make the same mistake.

Now I never call some one below 85 years old aunty and uncle.

I call them sir or madam, or mister or misses... or something like that.

Hence, why the hack am I writing this complain? Well just to remind
the people out there so that we could be more courteous and show
courtesy to the people out there. Be good and be polite. Say thank
you and pull the chair for the ladies, and hold the doors as you passed.

It's nothing heavy or difficult to do, just use a little bit of your energy
and effort will make this world a better place to live.

Best regards
Philips Tong
Chief of Main Kitchen
Solar Air Ltd.
Airport Authority Building,
1 Cheong Yip Road,
Hong Kong International Airport,
Lantau, Hong Kong






No comments: