Friday, January 28, 2005

Caving + Absolutely Groovy !!



Once there was a riddle which sounds like this :

Guess what is the subject.
You can't see this subject actually.
You can't feel and touch this subject as well.
If there is more this subject the more you couldn't see it.
If there is more and more of this subject the more imposible to see.

Now guess what is this subject that I am mentioning.

Answer? I will tell you when you finished reading this blog. I think
most of you wouldn't be able to guess what is the answer :)

Well, 2 days ago when I was with a friend of mine called Wai Ling
and we were happily enjoying KFC Original Flavor Fried Chicken
togather at KFC Sunway. While we were makaning makaning
and chew chew chew I suddenly told her that I went for Caving
in December 2004.

Told her about how much of fun and thrill was there, the mud,
the rain, the white snake, the white spider and the small hole
and made us Primate, Orang Utan, Anjhing, Kuching, Buaya, Biawak,
Ularrr, Chaching.... and how I stuck in the hole :) I mean stuck
in the micro cave..... Kai\\\Hong.

She looked at me and just quite couldn't believe it. And said wow
she wouldn't be enjoying these kind of "torture". Yeah I think
most of the straight and normal KL people wouldn't want to craw
in a small hole under a few hundreds tones of heavy rock, nope!!

And at a point I told her that there was a place in the cave that
when we turned off our torch light we could not see anything.
Not even our own nose or own finger no matter how close we
put the fingers near our eyes.

Wai Ling think for a while and said :" Hmm yeah I think I know, it
is as dark as when you turn of the light suddenly, and couldn't
see anything, but later when your eyes are used to the darkness
you can slowly see things...."

I replied :" Hmmm... nope. You will not see anything no matter
how long you waited, because there were simply no light at all
in that stretch of the cave."

Yeah, when you are too deep inside a cave or something like that
where there is no light source at all. You could not see anything
and you feel blind, no matter how big you opened your eyes
or how close you put your finger near your eyes, you will see
nothing.

It is darker then anything in the world that I've experianced. And
it is quite difficult to simulate that in the outside world. I think
sometimes I could understand how a blind person feel when I
was in the cave. Absolutely hopeless to feel and see any light.

Can't possibly describe how it feels like when we were at that spot.
If you really want to feel that, let me know and I will bring you for
caving and you'll know.

So, did I answer the riddle that I've asked up there? Hmm??

Best regards
Wong Kai Hong

No comments: