Wednesday, June 15, 2005

You are not a good swimmer if .....

流金歲月的點滴

I've started to learn to swim at year 1990 or 1991 when I was just
around 13 or 14. Actually my mom forced ( yeahlah garang mother )
me to learn swimming with her as well as my sister.

Still remember the first day I'd wear swimming trunk and walked out from the changing room. Everyone was like:
  • "awe!"
  • "Hui Yuh !! "
  • "OMG !"
  • "Alamak "
  • "Holy Cow!"
  • " F117 approaching "
  • " Mayday Mayday Mayday"
  • " Houston, we have a problem !"

    Yeah right !! You'd thought everyone would be so free and have the extra time to look at you and as if they have nothing better to do then to observe the pathetic KKC like that !!!

    Wrong !!! Big Mistake !!!

    No one, I repeat no one even bothered to have a look at me as a newbie, I bet that they even wouldn't look at me if I was naked !!

    Why? cause in swimming pool, real swimmer don't go there and observe people's swimming trunk or KKC. They go there and swim.

    But I was still shy anyway cause, you know, first time to wear so little infront of a lot of people.

    Back then, Kota Bharu favuorites swimming pool (till today) is located at Complex Shchool, why people call complex school I really have no idea till today.

    The depth of the deepest part of the swimming pool was 14 feet and yes you could do diving into the water, or whatever people call it. And the length of the swimming pool = 25 meter. Yes half of the Olympic size.... kekkekek !! amature !!!

    We had a very strict coach Mr. Ho ( Not the VCD guy ) and a few guys from Kelantan Life Saving Society... a bunch of nice and steady guy who teached me to swim.

    Below are what they always told me, you are not a good swimmer if you :

  • Didn't take bath before going into swimming pool.
  • Pee in the swimming pool !!
  • Don't wear proper swimming attire in the pool.
  • Wear T-Shirt and pants to swim in the pool. ( look above )
  • Swim 1 lap and rest for 30 minutes.
  • Swim 1/2 lap and rest for 20 minutes.
  • Didn't wear swimming cap while swimming.
  • Fart in the pool ( this one I added one )
  • Only observe pretty girl in pools but never swim.
  • Smoke in the pool.
  • Eat in the pool.
  • Drink in the pool, both intentional or not intentional -_-" cause the water has a lot of dirty stuff and chemical stuff there, that's why.
  • Acted unfriendly and LCLY like that.

    Well, actually just some thought that I had while doing the 28 laps
    of swimming down there just now. I thought I would like to write something about swimming tonight, and here I am.

    Feel very warm right now after the 28 laps swimming session and feel very proud too cause I finally could swimming 25 laps non stop and that would be around 1/2km to 800 meter length. Meaning that I can now swim from Gems Island to Pulau Kapas kekekekek !!!

    Last year I actually did prepare to swim from Gems Island ( called Pulau Gemia locally ) to Kapas Island, but my friends who worried that I might got eaten my Great White Shark stopped me from doing that. They also worried that if I drown, they wouldn't be able to carry me to the shore, cause basically right now I look pretty much like a preagnant whale muaha ha aha ha ah !!!!

    Any idea about what I am talking about? Absolutely no !!! Must be the chlorine that I accidentally drink just now.... hic !!!
  • 3 comments:

    Jason Lioh said...

    I started swimming lesson at standard 1 and finish the whole course when i was in err...forget d. I learn all the styles including saving people. Which then later the swimming pool went bankrupt. Aiii, which explains my huge giant size now. fat :P if they din close down, i would swim almost everyday for 2 hours.

    Philips at work. said...

    Oh ! Oh ! I remember already, I need to add 2 more item. You are not a good swimmer if :

    1. You swim until people punya swimming pool become bankrupt !!

    2. You swim swim swim, but body still look like Remco and Philips and Jason wah ha ha ha ah ha !!!!

    Jason, you know what my girlfriend praise me? she said my body is like a super soft mattress and pillow at night .... so ?? For those Pai Kuat and Thin as lidi guys, go ahead, be jealous and cemburu all the way... kekekeke !!

    Philips at work. said...

    And oi ! Jason, when you want to come to Subang or Klang for Bak Kut Teh leh ??? Fast fast !! I will swim a few more laps these few weeks while waiting for you !!!