Friday, June 03, 2005

Swimming and Pianoing

My parents are both teacher and my mom is still teaching now in Kota Bharu
and my father has retired.

Now my father is a full time cook and butler at my house hahahahah !!!

Well both of them were from poor family in Kelantan and grew up in difficult
time. And both of them entered the teacher training course and started
teaching since they were like 19 and 20 till they retire....

I really respect and love them for what they been through and yet still able
to struggle and kept 3 of us until big big and fat fat....

When they were young ( in the 1950's and 1960's ) they didn't have the chance
to learn Piano, Tuition or Swimming Class or anything like that. Cuase they
were basically busy with :

  • Teaching in the school.
  • Bring money back to house.
  • Take care of the younger siblings.
  • Teaching in the school again and so.

    They didn't even started giving tuiton class at all, that I am really really
    proud of them till till today. I am really really proud of them.

    Since they didn't have the chance to learn piano and swimming and all those
    stuff. They made us ( me, my sister and brother ) to do it.

    When I was very much younger I considered practising piano as torture and
    I had to get whacked and beaten ( yes sometimes koey tiao and sometimes
    mee goreng mamak ) and it was really no fun at all !!!!

    Went through the Grade 1 till Grade 7 piano examination. And stopped at
    Grade 7. hehehehe....

    My brother did his Grade 8 two years ago. My sister has did that 3 years
    ago and has a Diploma for piano wah !!! OMG !!!

    I am lousy with examination with piano, infact I hated it !! But now
    when I play piano, people stop and listen and smile... sometimes they
    even claps after listened to my piano session.

    I (we) really appreciate what my mom and dad did for us. Now 3 of us could
    perform very good piano play, and my sister and me could swim like a fish.

    Thanks to my parents who sacrified themself for us and I felt really bad
    for the whacking and beating that I had to get to practise piano.

    I felt like, last time I did bite the hand that feed me, right?

    I will always love both of you, and next year I will sponsor both of
    you to China, ok? heheheh !! Wait and see !! wait and see !!
  • No comments: