Saturday, June 11, 2005

Walking to Seremban, sort of ....

This Brilliant Association is organizing a Computer Fair at PWTC as I blog this.

It's a much controversial events but I have some own feedback. To those
organizer and participiants, you may agree or not agree with this but I
am writing this anyway.

Firstly, the location of the venue, Hall 2, and for me a frequent visitor
to PC Fair since 1996. I asked myself, where the heck is Hall 2???

Sometime in 1997 or so, someone did actually held a PC fair or computer
fair at a hall next to the river, that require us to walk all the way
over the Klang or Gombak river below to the hall.

Ah !! I remembered, that must be the hall, so I walked like a camel to the
hall and OMG the place is like kena whacked by Tsunami a few days ago and
there were hardly anyone there. So, this small hall was the place where
they organized a PC fair back to 1997, which proven to be a failure.

And I walked further ( another 200 m ) or so, I finally came to a place
where there were a lot of people, van and lorry of the IT company ,
promoters, visitors and so on.

It was like walking from Cheras to Seremban, the distance I mean.....
and I saw some poor college girl dragging the Big O printer all the
way from this stupid Hall 2 back to the main building of PWTC.
The Big O Printer was stored in a big plastic bag, so one girl dragged
on side of the pastic bag, like carrying dead body.... aiya...

Secondly, when I finally arrived at the Hall 2 ( after walking for about
10 to 15 minutes from car park ) I looked for my customer booth.
There were not much of visitor yet that time, and well I could walk easily
among the visitors.

Observation made :

  • Every 10 steps I walked, a guy asked me if I want Streamyx.
  • Every 15 steps I walked, a girl asked me if I want a free Modem. Stramyx lagi.
  • Every 20 steps I walked, yellow colour printout = Streamyx again !!!
  • Ah ! Damn you streamyx !! Get a life and don't act like looser !!
  • Walked somemore.
  • There were 2 booth which sells Computer Speaker ( read woofer ) were having Kung Fu fighting which each other. Each of them were demostrating the powerfulness of their speaker and turn the music as loud as any club or pub in Kuala Lumpur.
  • Other then that, not much of annoyance....
  • Oh the female promoters are wearing less and lesser cloth nowadays. It's like visiting GT Race event with all those Racing Queen.... mamamia !!
  • Next time I got to bring a nice camera and capture some photos for my blog.

    OMG !! I still have to walk back from Seremban back to Cheras after the event !!!
    And when coming from PWTC main building to Hall 2 was descending, well, to walk from the Hall 2 to main PWTC building is ascending, let's rock and roll I told myself.

    So, there goes 3 hours of my precious time. When checked out time at the car park I think the car park charges were RM6.50 .... my god !! Expensive like hell !! Ptui !!

    You all better watch out the KLCC ( Kuala Lumpur Convention Center ) debut 2 months later from now. And I bet everything would be better there, and I bet RM500 if you want to take the bid .. hehehehe !!!

    Walked from Cheras to Seremban, and from Seremban back to Chereas....... aiyo !
  • No comments: