Thursday, November 17, 2005

Phones... gimme a lot of phones !!!

'
Back to year 1999 or 2000 I stayed in Ampang to study here in
a local college for their Diploma in IT.
That time I was so blardy poor !!

Stayed at Taman Kosas, Ampang, an absolutely lovely place
to stay even until now. Nice and easy memory there as student
life :) muaks !! Those were the carefree years !!

When I was studying I had a part-time job teaching some
IT and English classes, and stuff like that. I loved teaching !!!

One of my students name Steve, and eventually he became one of
my good friend. And I became his IT Consultant and stuff like that.
( Steve is late 40's and suppose to be around 50 years old now )

Then one day this Steve decided to go to UAE ( Arab countries )
to work as an drilling or don't know what engineer.

He then said , hei Wong take this handphone of mine,
an Ericsson GA628 GSM phone dude !!!!!

That's when I began to use mobile phone, I was like 22 years
old then, and I went to purchase a Prepaid Package which
cost me RM238, anyone?? My God in The Sky RM 238, yes !!

Then the package dropped to RM199, RM188 and now RM10.

-_-" that's a lot of diffrent eh mate ??? Yeah !!




So, anyway, that's when I begin to use a mobile phone coupled
with the prepaid number. After some time, the GA628 began
to give problems and I brought the phone to a phone shop,
the guy looked at me and suggested me to upgrade the phoe
to Ericsson A1018 , dual band phone with a bigger screen
and more feature.

So I kissed GA628 bye-bye. And found a nice place to RIP.

I said ok and paid RM300 over ringgit for that phone A1018,
if I am no wrong. A1018 has more feature compared to GA628
but let me tell you the Large Capacity of A1018 was so heavy
that when I hanged this A1018 at my belt or put this phone in
my pocket, my pants went down 20 mm per minute until my
gf complained that she could see my buttcrack !!

I said sorry to her, cause it was a heavy phone anyway !! But
one thing funny about this A1018 was that, when we put the
highest capacity battery to it, the highest battery looks like
some Old China Coffin cover !!! You know those movies !!

After sometimes, I found that this Ericsson A1018 doesn't
have the feature like vibration, internal memory and so on.
And well, my butt started to get flu and cold occasionally then,
which my mom said it was bad for health. Ok ! Let's do
something about my health !!!



So I go and Keh Kiang and went to purchase a Ericsson R320s (above ).
Damn nipis and like Sharks Fin, and same class with R320s was the
T28s which were featured in "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?" TV show.

Feature of R320s
  • Internal Memory up to 99 numbers.
  • Vibration
  • Calculator
  • Infrared ( see ? I told you, best technology )
  • Alarm
  • PIM feature.
  • And windows like Menu which was very cool then !!!
    Damn canggih !!!

    R320s was one of the best phone, and later when Ericsson came out
    with the new R520s ( same class with T39 ) I went to get myself
    one of the R520s. Damn canggih !!!

    R320s was very slim wherelse R520s was larger. Special feature of
    the R520s was :
  • 500 numbers storage.
  • Bluetooth ( one of the first phone which has bluetooth. )
  • Speaker phone with promimate switch.
  • Infrared.
  • Called picture ID
  • Recurrent Alarm.
  • PIM feature.

    And then when the T68i (below) actually drop price I went to get one
    T68i.( RM350 )
    The feature of T68i was more or less identical to R520s.
    The diffrences ?
  • T68i has no external aerial. unlike R520s and R320s big huge shark fin aerial.
  • T68i has 256 colour screen ( very advance then !! )
  • T68i has everything which the previous model has, except speaker phone +
    proximate switch.



    And somewhere in 2003 or 2004, my sister got me a T610 phone
    which cost RM500 which I am using it till today.

    My T68i is working as my primary backup phone while the
    R520s is serving me as my secondary backup phone.

    So, if you ask me, I would say go ahead with Sony Ericsson
    Phone, it's the best of the best for technical and practical people.

    Orang yang menggunakan Sony Ericsson adalah :
  • Ada gaya.
  • Ada mutu.
  • Ada keunggulan.
  • Ada style.
  • Handsfree semua sama dan compatible.
  • Battery charger pun sama dan compatible.

    Gaya mesti ada !!!
  • No comments: