Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Perodua MyVi Test Drive.

A good experiance with MyVi

During the trip back to Kelantan last week I had a chance
to drive my cousin's 3 months old MyVi.

The cabin space is definitely sufficient and everything seems
to be well placed.

First impression and I heard that the cabin space
for MyVi is larger if compared to Proton Wira from someone a
few months ago, I wouldn't be surprise with this car's height
and width. Looking at MyVi on the road sometimes reminds
me of a friend of mine, who has huge and firm back LOL !!!

Inserted the key and the self luminous speedo-meter looks
sharp babe!! It was like driving a Camry or Honda Accord 05 !

Turned on the engine, engaged the reverse gear ( automatic trans )
and I hit the gas gently and this babe moved !!!

Strong and powerful reverse gear indeed !!!

"Don't hit the gas too hard !!" ....I had to warn myself
or else the car would ended up in the drain LOL !!

Shifted to D gear and on the road. With 4 ( heavy + very heavy )
adults in the car the car seems to be still very powerful and
the response from the gas pedal is really well.

Hit the gas padel harder and the DVVT engine gave me more &
more power. Well, since that this is my cousin car and he was
sitting at the co driver seat, I didn't sort of "Hentam Kau Kau "
and I was very gentle with the car.

If not he would be -_-" already, right? Ah Soon oh Ah Soon !!

The buttons and equipment panels are positioned at the
comfortable location and easy to reach. Signal stick, wiper stick
seems to be ok too !!

My cousin told me that he wished that the gear level could be higher
because for us ( 170cm and above ) to change gear we had to stretch
our arms lower to change gear, be it P, R, N or D, D2 or so on.

But average the stick, panel, air-cond and everthings seems to be fine :)

Did for about 5 km of driving at Kuala Krai town and well, I have
to say that it's a good car to drive about, perfect for the KL and PJ
people who drives to work daily, have a nice weekend out of town.

It would be best used in town and city as it is not so long distance &
frequent travelling friendly, I felt.

The boot area is smaller compared to sedan car ( WTF? Sure lah ) hence
if you have a 5 family members who wants to travel from Kota Bharu
to Kuala Lumpur, trust me, the baggage space could hardly fit !!

Or if you want to cruise fast and cruise safely from Johor to KL or from
KL to Penang everyweek, I am afraid this would be a second choice.

If I have this car, I would not ask him/her to do outstation or long
distance so much. This car is ought to be pampered and not for
torturing, love it, sayang it and I am sure you would enjoy it's service
and to commute you around town for as long as you wished.

Oh, the side signal at the side mirror which we first saw on Mercedes
was quite Ok too !! I wished it has LED or light source facing the front
too because currently only the people at the back of the MyVi car
could see the Side Mirror Turning signal blinking, but not from front.

It's always a need for improvement for any car as we human are not
easily satisfied, but I would say that the need for improvement for
this MyVi is minimum !! Not too bad at all.

If we have the cash in a year or two, would get one for Fat Lady, she
is so in love with Automatic Transmission car right now.

All those P, R, N, D, D3, D2 are like magic for her, that lazy fat lady !!!
LOL !!!

Things that I like about MyVi:
  • Comfortable and spacious.
  • Dynamic Variable Valve Timing (DVVT) engine.
  • Engine performing well.
  • RM0.11 per km ( RM1.62 per litre petrol ) quite cheap.
  • Gear change was smooth.
  • Dual SRS Air Bags (Premium Model )
  • ABS (Premium Model )

    Things that I don't like about MyVi:
  • Small baggage compartment.
  • Neah, I think that's all.

    LOL Enjoy the ride, it's a good car in my humble opinion !!
  • No comments: