Friday, July 15, 2005

National Batik Day

I love Malaysia. I really do !!!

Did you all know that on every 1st and 15th of the month and most if not
all of the government servant/ public service personal are "advised" and
"recommended" to wear batik to work.

So, on every 1st day of the month and 15th day of each month, look at the
street, in the bus, in the LRT, in the car. If one ( male or female ) is
wearing batik and appear going to work, that person got to be the
government servant !!

That's 1 of the way to diffrenciate government servant I guess.

So, for me that's no problem cause I am not government servant. But I feel
that the government should let the employees to have a choice. I mean
where is the freedom in this country if even what to be worn to work
also you have to kacau??

To promote Batik in Malaysia, I think this is not the correct way.

Then? What's the correct way?

  • First, try to make the Batik look nicer first.
  • Ensure the price is not damn expensive.
  • Ensure that the quality and feel of cloth is good.
  • Don't force people to wear it on 1st and 15th of every month.

    Then, let's see if our people begins to wear these batik occasionally.

    Not by forcing them mate ! Don't do the right thing wrong !!
  • No comments: