Monday, February 28, 2005

Penang II Where Philips is a tourist guide.



Today we are going to learn these few words:

Mas Boeing 737
Penang Bridge
PISA
PIA
Suicide
Cracks
Semi Value


To be continued at Part III.....
Pringin Mall
Jalan Penang
Sunway Hotel Georgetown
Tanjong Tokong
Expensive Condo at Gurney Drive

Visited Penang last week 24th Feb 2005 (business trip), however
if you looked at the itinerary and the words to learn. It looks like
more a vacation actually.

Well, arrived at Penang International Airport at about 10:00 am
via MH1138. Oh let me tell you it was really lack of space.
Boeing 737
is really too small for the average person in 2005 cause
it is a product almost 20 years old in service OMG !!

Yeah you know it is small already and imagine somemore with the
people like my size + my boss reading Sin Chew Jet Poh printed
version besides me. Can't move, can't breath, can't even sweat !!

Well the flight was alright but I was a bit sleepy cause lack of
movement. 50 minutes later we landed at PIA ( Penang International Airport ).
The reverse engine ran into full power
indicated that the runway is very much shorter compared to KLIA.

The AirBus I took back to KLIA on second day didn't even turn
the engine reverse, only with a slight air brake at the wings...

Well, finally I've came to Penang via air ( previously driving ) and
immediately the lovely feeling came. Got the Avis rented car and
left PIA heading to Seberang Prai.

On the way, I explained and introduce Bukit Jambul, PISA, Intel
factory, abandonded shopping mall near Intel seaside and many
more places. The drive from PIA to Seberang Prai was smooth and
I was doing about 90Kmph at Penang Bridge. Told my boss that
the length of the bridge is about 11.5Km if I am not mistaken.

He said:" Hmmm quite long eh?" " Bridge is dangerous you know?"

I also told him that the bridge is safe !!! Cause he told me that
he heard the bridge has cracks. ( Damn Semi value ) I told him
no worry we both know how to swim in case the Penang Bridge is
Falling Down .. Falling Down .... Falling Down.

I told him also that we have to pay if we are coming from Seberang
Prai either via bridge or via ferry. And all vehicles heading the mainland
would enjoy a free ride :)

Boss asked me are there a lot of people commiting suicide at Penang
bridge. I told him yes and I think the successful rate is about 80%
and they normally do it at the cable bridge area which is higher and
there you could park your car and motor for free before you jump !!

Then the boss asked, " Mana boleh ?" the sea doesn't look like dangerous
and the current is not too strong. I told him that with the jump from the
taller part + alcohol + medicine taken before the jump one could easily
kill himself.

Well, so we arrived at seberang prai industrial area and met up with our
customer. It was hot hot and hot and hot !!!

Damn the Seberang Prai customer & my boss are very long winded
and talked for hours !! Di Dar Di Dar and Bla Bla Bla....

Conclusion : Landed properties in Seberang Prai is cheaped compared
to Penang Island. V Confirmed !!

No comments: