Friday, November 19, 2004

CD-R Orders Delayed... Again


Now that the price of CD-R media are going up and the Christmas Sales for 2004 is just around the corner. Suddenly out of nowhere that the orders for CD-R just fly in..... some ordered 500K, some ordered 200K, some looking at 800K, and the best part is that on my hand I still have a PO at 1.8 million which could trace back to Sep 2004.

Why would this happens? External factor would be the pre Christmas orders, price hike for CD-R news released ... and Internal factor would be , I think less focus on local sales production. Any huge OEM or oversea order could paralyse the local OEM orders. Production will come with an answer like :" Could not have the capactity and bla bla bla "

I could hardly see any First Come First Serve basis... nope I don't feel that at all and I feel so sorry for that.
Working in this kind of environment makes me feel less comfortable because sometimes we work so hard just to bring in more orders and try to out beat our competitors, but at the end of the days, after we are succesful to bring in orders, internal factor has caused the delay or even cancellation of orders. What to do? Don't ask me, this is a question that everybody from high to low trying to avoid.

Let's keep it that way. Way to go !!

No comments: