Wednesday, December 01, 2004

放飞机 !Part 1


Alright, today is exactly 8 months after my first time 放飞机, today is 1st December 2004 and the time is 9:36 am.

Today I would like to remember 2 things for the rest of my life.
1. To read carefully on your air line ticket. ( air asia = ticketless woh)
2. Don't be too over confident.

Roll back to 1st April 2004, Thursday and I was suppose to board a plane ( Air Asia from KLIA to Kota Bharu ) and I remembered the time on the ticket printout from my computer = 9:55 pm.

And after work, came back took bath and waited for my housemate to dinner at New Paris Tit Tat !! After a lovely meal we proceed to KLIA at 8 something, i think it was 8:20 pm, and they asked me if I would be on time for the flight, I said : "Hell Yes Sure !!"

On the way to KLIA i was the one who was driving the little Produa Kelisa.... and my hosemate was nervous if I could make it on time.
I told them :" Hell yes ! I am good and be there by 9:00 pm !"
" and the flight is at 9:55 pm, still got time to go pangsai !"

After about 40 minutes, that was about 9:00 pm when our little car stopped infront of the KLIA departure mall. Gate 2 or 3. I looked at my watch and said to them on their face :" Told you ! I am good!"
" I am good man, I am good !" " I am good !"

So I took my baggage and walked like Will Smith towards Air Asia check in counter. So darn happy because the second day would be the Ching Ming Festival when we would all go to picnic at our anchester graveyards.

When I arrived at Air Asia counter, the light was dimmed, I said to myself " Woh baby, that is what I call romantic & lovely!" And there was a sign written " Counter & Gate Closed!"

WTF? WTF? I asked a guy over the counter and he said sorry I can't help you sir. However there is an office for air asia office at 4th floor, hence I dragged my luggage and ran like hell to the office. Complained to them saying that:" Why your counter are closed at 9:00 pm while the flight is at 9:55 pm?"

The office people :" Hell no! Our flight to KB is 9:15 pm not 9:55!"

And I looked outside the windows, the Air Asia plan has just took off and left some fumes for me to sniff and enjoy. WTF? And there was not much that I could do, called my housemates to pick me up, but they would not buy my story, I said I missed the plane but they all said :" Tipu lah !"

I said :" No ! For god sake please turn back and pick me up!"

They all : " Eh today April Fool , jangan tipu lah !"

But then finally, they all came back to pick me up. On the way back to my house, they all laughed like hell. Cause I told them that I was good ! I was good ! And I called fat lady, she also tak percaya until she heard my housemate voice, alamak, and I called my mother and she also not believe, she said jangan tipu.

Fine, I called my office people and said I missed the flight, she didn't buy it ! On second day when I appear in office, they all only laugh on the floor with tears in their eyes.

Moral of the story again :
1. Read your air line tickets
2. Don't be over confident, never !!

2 comments:

Yuan said...

Hey,
u forget to thank ur housemate who stop at pertonas for
toilet. If not, u will took RM10 bus back to chan sao lin.
That time ah, really "apa boleh buat, makan roti lo"
hehe

Johnt|M said...

i think you forgot to tell a thing... we ask you what can do how and you answer "Apa boleh buat makan roti lor... Uhhh Uhhh Uhhh (crying)"