Sunday, March 06, 2005

Operating System... loading !!



Last night after dinner, went to Tesco Mutiara Damansara to buy
some toilet paper. Yeah you heard me right, toilet paper !! cause
I was having dinner at Sushi King ( nothing special to make it King
actually, imho )

Before getting into the Hypermarket, I went to the ATM machine
situated at the left of the main entrance, well side by side we
could see Maybank ATM and RHB ATM... plenty of shopper withdrawing money there.. sure they were going to buy a lot of
Toilet Paper ... cause they withdraw a few hundred dollars each.

Well, wah finally my turn... "song!" take out wallet and take ATM
card with Smart Chip ( rm 8.00 charge per year WTF ) and insert
it to the RHB ATM... veryfying card... and please select language
and key in your Pin Number... ok ... ok my number was dut dut
dut dut dut dut .... Pin Accepted...

Then menu => Pressed Fast Cash or something like that...

Then suddenly.. puff........ whole screen gone... no screen, no
sound, no cash, no card, no breath , nothing... I looked at the
screen and pointed at it and said :" You don't kit kit kat kat ah!!"
but still no screen display & no cash & no card & nothing....

And I looked at the Maybank ATM at the left and same thing,
nothing displayed.... and I pointed at my nose and shouted
:" Gei tai jiao gei tai, mou power jiao mou power lah !!!!"

The electrical supply to both of the machines were cut off didn't
know triggered by what event. Became so blur mate !! ran to get
help while my friend stayed there at the machine... the maintainence guy finally arrived after 20 minutes and got into the
power room and reset or switched on the power or something like
that....

Then I told my friend:" Wah ! Don't tell me these ATMs are using
Windows XP ok already.... "

Then power resumed... both ATM Booting.... loading files...

RHB ATM ===== > IBM O/S 2 Wrap.... wah seh !
Maybank ATM = > Windows XP Professional .... 2 legs in sky !!
The files continue to load at start up and the Maybank's screen
event showed a mouse cursor.... 2 legs in sky again !!!!

The conclusion = no matter you are using O/S 2 or Windows XP
after you reboot, the ATM machine shows

:" Temporary Out of Service " end of story, hence I went to
borro money from my good friend to buy Toilet Paper and go home and well I suppose I could say basically I was laughing all the way
home.... bravo ! OS 2 wrap and Windows XP ( Professional Edition )
somemore.... pariah !! wah ha ha ha ha !!

No comments: