Monday, April 18, 2005

The Art of Talking ! Do you have it with you?

流金歲月的點滴

"Hello good morning, could I speak to Mr.Lim please?"

"Ann, could you please excuse me?"

"Please hold the line, my boss will be with you shortly, thank you."

"Kai Hong, could you please pick me up from Air Port?"

"Can you please give me Dinner Plate 3, drumstick, no wings?"

"can you please call me tomorrow 7:15 am for wake up call?"

Yes those were the sentence that I've normally use during the
normal conversation with anyone, from my boss, my colleague,
the toll operator guy, Fried Chicken cashier , my parents or so.

If you've notice, the common thing is that I always do use "please"
in the sentence when I need a favour or need help.

Have you ever received a call for help or call for favor like this?

"Kai hong are you free? need you to send something."
"Kai hong , your call !"
"Kai hong, borrow your handphone a while!"
"Kai hong, call me at 8:00 pm !"
"Kai hong, borrow me 20 dollar!"

I mean even my boss and my parents never talked like this to me!
Hence, please be nice and be polite, it wouldn't kill :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's why fat lady always ask you politely, when:-
a)I need to borrow ur Hp: "May i make a call using your phone pls?"
b)I wish to go for a movie:"Would u like to go for a movie?" (Your answers normally:"NO!-)
c)I need to use ur PC:"Can i use ur PC to check my mail,pls?"
d)...
e)...
and more ...

Right? Fat lady is a nice & polite person.:-)