Friday, February 04, 2005

Steamboat Part III



Today 4th Feb is a wonderful day for me ( I told the world 3 zillion
time already !!! ) Why??

1. Cause January Salary in deposited and available already.
2. Bonus was included too !!
3. 5 more days to Chinese New Year.
4. Final 2nd year to get Ang Pao. ( GF kasi pressure !! )
5. Final 2nd year to get Ang Pao. ( Parents kasi pressure too !!)
6. Final 2nd year to get Ang Pao . ( Relatives kasi pressure !! )

Why the hell do I have to care who kasi pressure leh? When Lim
Peh happy, Lim Peh will get married, that's it ! Case closed !!

Hmmm.... Back to happy mode !! :)

Does anyone out there knows why the stuff we eat is called
Steamboat ?? Anyone could suggest or explain??

Cause if Mat Salleh or Alien came to earth and when they hear
me saying :" Oh I love to eat steamboat !! "

They will probably think, WTF? Eat Boat woh ! Godzilla meh??
And try to search in www.google.com , and search for Images
of Steamboat....

You will see all sort of , nope, not food ! all sort of boat powered
by Steam... mostly 1800s to 1920s stuff !!! Why??

Perhaps very long time ago, when I was a kid when we eat
Steamboat ( Makan Kapal Gas Panas ) the wok has a Chimney
at the middle and steam comes out from the Chimney indicating
that the food and soup are boiled and ready to eat :)
Man I am good !!!

Most of the Steamboat Wok nowadays are using electricity or
gas fueled fire as heater element. But I think very long time ago
we used charcoal as fuel, perhaps it tasted better that way.

Anyway, I am deeply in love with Steamboat nowadays. Why?

1. It's not too expensive.
2. Customization available.
3. Quite healthy since we could order more vegetables.
4. Can sweat like hell.
5. Can cry like hell ( when you comsume too much Chili )
6. Can cry like hell ( when you drink the boiling soup accidentaly)
7. Can cry like hell ( when you finished the bill = RM 250.00 ) and
__it was for 2 person only. Wah ha ha ha ha !!!

2 days ago, I went to Klang town near Tesco for a Steamboat,
went there with my good friend Jessie who happened to be
almost sleeping the time we went there. Time = 10:30 pm over..

The shop is called Pulau Ketam Steamboat Something Somthing,
and the Pulau ketam is not the shop name. I guess they place
Pulau Ketam to indicate that their seafood are fresh perhaps.

Anyway, jessie had already taken dinner, 2 bunkus Maggie Mee +
Telur !! So she was quite full, can't blame her cause it was already
10:30pm when I arrived at her place.

She told :" Very kenyang lah !"
I replied : " But I am very hungry woh !"
She said :" Never mind eat a little bit !"
I replied :" Ok good idea !"

I wanted to order for 1 person pax, but the cute pregnant shop
lady felt very hasitated and face a bit uneasy. So, in order not to
give her any Chi Kek or Tar Kek, I said never mind give me 2 pax
and she started to smile . I love to see people smile !1

And hmmm... soup = Full of Ikan Bilis aroma. Original Flavour.
If Tom Yam flavour, Jessie would probably 2 legs in the sky
cause her stomach is a little bit weak for sour food.

And a big plate came :
1. Vegetable + Wong Ngar Pak ( My favorite vege )
2. Whute Tauhu
3. Fried Tauhu
5. Tau Pok
6. Fish Ball
7. Fish Noodle ( I said it looked like Fish Poo Poo , but ... u know!)
8. Fish meat.
9. A little bit of sotong?? Can't remember.
10. Burung Puyuh punya telur.
11. Some stranged meat ball with Kam Choi ( smelly vegetable )
___in between.
12. And a few more stuff that I can't remember.

So I put everything into the wok and waited. And finally the sound
blup blup blup blup was heard..... I told Jessie let's eat...
and the rest..... one word : " Song !"

Sometimes to enjoy food, the taste depends on a few things.

1. The people who are eating with you. In this case, Jessie
2. The people who are around you. Not much customer. So it was
__not too noisy. In face not noisy at all.
3. Food was good.
4. Wind was ok.
5. Waitress was helpful and friendly.
6. No next appointment to be hurried.
7. A lot of conversation and talking ( good sign ! )
8. A lot of refilling for each other ( stomach getting full sign !)
9. And one word again :" Song !"

And at the end of the dinner, only RM 27.00 plus plus !! Including
drinks and everything.... what do you expect? But on the way
home at Federal Highway, the feeling that the Steamboat contents
in your stomach swimming in the soup was a little bit funny though.

Well, you see the reason why I like steamboat?? Got to do this
( steamboat in Chinese New Year next week, anyone want to
join us ? ) wah ah ah aha ha h....

No comments: